Filopappos hill and monument
- Address: Monument of Philopappos, 11741
- Information about the monument: Philopappos Monument section on odysseus.culture.gr
- Tripadvisor pages: Philopappos Hill page and Philopappos Monument page
The Filopappos Hill is an area that is very popular to tourists and for good reason; not only is it beautiful and has a unique atmosphere, but it offers a spectacular view of Athens as well. What is more, the people who visit it also have the chance to admire the Filopappos monument free of charge.
It is recommended that anyone planning to visit the hill should do so before sunset. Also, visitors should avoid going to secluded areas of the hill regardless of what time of the day it is, as muggers sometimes show up in that area.
- Address: Leoforos Vasilisis Amalias 1, 10557
- Information: National Garden page on Wikipedia
- Tripadvisor page: National Garden page
The National Garden is a place where one can go for a walk or jogging -- or even have a picnic. One can also have something to drink at the small cafe inside the Garden, by following the signs that lead to it.
There are many rare plants in the Garden, as well as some animals for visitors to see. The Garden also encloses a number of ancient ruins, tambourines and Corinthian capitals of columns, mosaics, etc.
The National Garden is open from sunrise until just before sunset. Employees use whistles to inform visitors when the gates of the Garden are about to close.